Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Experiencing the sensation of loving kindness.....

Wow! Seems like it should be so easy to just let your consciousness go and focus on the good feelings. I really struggled with the part about being in tune to all your body's sensations...good and bad, and then only on the good. The physical aches and pains were as difficult to let go of as the emotional ones. But after a while of observing my feeling in a completely detached way I could feel myself relaxing into the exercise. I will need to practice this alot because once I got in touch with the loving kindness feelings I felt truer to myself. By that I mean that I perceive of myself as a good person with thoughts to others but having to first start with those thoughts on myself was difficult, and the time it took to get there was a overwhelming. But this is exactly the kind of meditation that I have been wanting to explore and I believe that it is the key to finding peace, not only with myself but those around me and especially the ones I love. Just listening to the exercise gives me hope that I can truly be that whole and happy person and can share the wholeness with those I love!!

The exercise was definitely a mental workout as I had to work really hard to lose the distractions of the environment around me, and I was even at home alone on a quiet morning. I believe the benefits of the exercise are definitely worth the work and would recommend them to everyone. But I can see time as being the biggest obstacle. I set aside a good deal of time and worked really hard to stay focused and still felt frustration at times. As a professional I would "prescribe" meditation to everyone, strongly encouraging them to make the time for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment