Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Confirmed: I have ADD

Well I am so glad I saved myself lots of money in doctor visits to determine that I have ADD. I mean I always figured we all suffer from some level of it but I really didn't know ten minutes could be so long!! I sat down in the quiet stillness of my home to complete the loving kindness exercise thinking that ten minutes of my life would fly by. Well I cracked my eye open after what surely seemed like at least 5 of it and to my utter disbelief I was barely at 2 minutes. So I thought to myself, "Let's shoot for five". Well after another few minutes of chanting I was able to get into a rhythm but I will be honest and say that I did not make it to ten. I really enjoyed the exercise though as I do all mantra style exercises and I believe there is definitely power in the exercise. I will continue to push forward in hopes of gaining some discipline and adeptness at it.

As for the assessment exercise my weakness was the psychospiritual aspect. This came as no surprise to me and is something I have worked on for a couple of years now. I watched the "Secret" a couple of years ago and realized then that I tend to project negative signals and so have been working on that since. I know I have made definitive improvements but really need to continue growing spiritually. There is a phrase from a song that I learned in vacation bible school when I was a little girl and it goes, "I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart". I completely understand that now and it will be a priority in my life!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the part of having a hard time spending the whole ten minutes doing the chanting. I too had a difficult time with this. I did not quite make 10 minutes. However, I did leave the exercise with a greater desire to love and show love to others. I enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't the assessment enlightening? I think it is great that you have a desire to grow spiritual. I think that you have drawn on some good inspiration here with trying to focus on the peace that surpasses all understanding. This is the same peace that I draw on and it really helps. Good luck in your growth process.

    ReplyDelete